Tuesday 25 March 2014

Week 4: Hongdae - Trickeye Museum, Ice Museum, Dog Cafe, Bukchon Village, Gangnam- O Sushi

I have to say I've done quite a lot this weekend. Every time when I begin to think that there is nothing else to do, something interesting shows up. The highlight of this week is going to the Trickeye Museum in Hongdae. This museum definitely triggers the creativity in every visitor, allowing visitors to use their imagination to the fullest to come up with different poses for pictures. I felt like I was playing a different character in each picture I took.



Right beside the Trickeye Museum is an Ice Museum where many ice sculptures are preserved in a freezing room. Besides taking pictures, visitors can go down an ice slide to end their tour. 



Unlike the typical cafes found in Toronto, there are many interesting theme cafes in Seoul. If you're a dog lover, I would recommend you to visit a dog cafe although the drinks are quite expensive. Unfortunately I did not take note of the name of the cafe we went to, but it is located around 5 minutes from Hongdae station exit 5. It was quite shocking when  you first step into the cafe. The dogs were so excited for visitors, I thought I was going to be run over by the pack. After they (and we) settled down, they start snuggling up to you waiting for your affection. I believe many of the dogs there are adapted from the animal shelter. It was really sad to see that these dogs have to suffer from their disabilities but their excitement and positive attitude automatically puts a smile on your face. I even got one to fall asleep on my lap!


On Saturday, my KUBA group took us to Bukchon Village. The area at Anguk station is a neighborhood full of traditional houses, which some people still live in! Inside the village, various vendors sell traditional snacks and souvenirs for tourists to buy. It was nice to take a small break from the city and buildings and just relax in the peaceful atmosphere. 





On Sunday, I went to O Sushi with a group of exchange students who live at my hostel. The restaurant is an all you can eat sushi buffet for 15,900 won on weekends. The interesting aspect of this restaurant is the environment and how the food is served on a conveyor belt so you can simply grab whichever dish that passes by you. Although the quality of the food is not as good as the sushi I've tried in Toronto, the experience made it worthwhile. 





No comments:

Post a Comment