Sunday 23 February 2014

Day 1: Anam, Seoul

I remember just a couple of months ago, I kept wondering what Seoul would be like and imagine all the different things I can do in Korea while watching Korean dramas and variety shows. Now that I'm here, it feels like I've entered a whole new world. I'm glad I got here successfully and safely and my flights actually landed earlier rather than being delayed. When I arrived at Incheon International Airport, students from Korea University Buddy Assistants (KUBA) greeted me and once all the exchange students arrive, we took a coach bus to our resident. On our way to Anam, I met two friendly girls from Finland and London. It was interesting getting to know them because we are all different majors and from different countries. Unfortunately, I didn't get to do much yet because I didn't like the residence I stayed in the first night. It was too quiet for me, and the location of the residence is inconvenient for me to get to school. So I moved into Crimson House this afternoon and I'm loving this place. Crimson House is just a 5 minute walk to Korea University's main gate and mainly hosts foreigners/exchange students. They even have a Facebook group so we can communicate efficiently. I did experience a little bit of jet lag (the only reason why I would update my blog at 1 AM here), but I'm sure I'll be able to adjust to the new setting in a couple of days.

In the morning, I will have breakfast with one of the girls I met, load up my T-Money so I can get around, and do some shopping for my necessities. Hopefully, after this trip I will be better at navigating around!

My room at Crimson House






No comments:

Post a Comment