Wednesday 26 February 2014

Day 3: Gangnam, Anam (02/25/2014)

I decided to explore the city on my own today just to test out how well I can navigate around the city. I went to Gangnam to find a cafe called Namu Guneul that offer a service called "Fish Pedicure". Unfortunately, I didn't find the cafe even though I was at the exact location to where the map pointed at on my phone. Despite that fact, I still had quite an adventure going up and down and seeing the area. The highlight of my trip is inside Gangnam station. This station is HUGE! I think if I were to go back (which I will), I can spend the whole day shopping and eating at the station. Outside of the station were a lot of international high-end stores and fancy cafes. I personally do not think there is much to do in Gangnam unless you are into drinking and nightlife. The roads are a little difficult to navigate because there aren't a lot of cross roads and you have to break down the whole Gangnam area into smaller areas to explore around. Every time I wanted to cross over to the other side of the street, I would have to go back down to Gangnam station and go up another exit/gate. I didn't take a lot of pictures of the area since I was too busy looking for the cafe, but I will definitely visit there at least once more and will post more pictures in my later posts.




I met up with my friend in the afternoon for lunch back at Anam. Surprisingly, there is a restaurant that makes delicious GamJaTang (pork bone soup)right outside of my residence. I normally wouldn't order GamJaTang in Toronto but after one try here, the dish made it to my top food to eat list. The owner was really kind too knowing that I'm not that great with Korean.




There is also a nice cafe near by the residence called Serendipity. Their coffee and drinks are quite cheap for the quality provided. The environment is also decent as a hangout spot.


That pretty much sums up my day before orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment